EYFO Program Overview
Empowering Youth and Families Outreach mission is to provide youth with the tools they need to become successful adults by creating an engaging and supportive environment that fosters each youth’s ability to succeed academically and in life.
The program’s overarching goal is to empower students to be their own best advocates and take their learning and future into their own hands.
Our work includes building positive character attributes, developing resiliency traits, and increasing perceptions of self-efficacy by identifying and developing individual strengths in the youth we serve.
EYFO’s Choice Classes and our Enrichment Programs help youth build skills that will aid them in their personal, home, and school life.
Benefits of EYFO Choice Classes:
- Helps youth improve their communication skills.
- Provides youth developmental independence skills.
- Youth learn how to cooperate and collaborate with each other.
- Helps youth explore interests including tapping into their creative side.
- Helps youth discover hidden talents via activities new to them.
Choice Classes teach reading, math, and problem-solving skills in a variety of ways, for example:
• Fashion Design students use measurement and problem-solving skills as they create garments from various materials.
• STEM students use critical thinking, analytical, adaptability, and collaboration skills to complete their projects.
• Cooking students use reading and communication skills as they follow recipes. Cooperative and collaborative skills as they work with each other. Writing skills when they develop their own recipe books.
EYFO Enrichment Program
• Job Shadowing: Local business people take time to share what they love about their job and what it took to get them in their positon.
• Career Speakers: Join us once a week to share their personal stories of success and encourage our youth on their own journeys.
- Firefighters, Police, U-Tubers, Art Illustrators, Social Workers, Dentists, Doctors, Artists, Researchers, Structural Engineers, Pilots, Lawyers, Business owners, and Performers
EYFO Community Partner Workshops
- Museum of Flight – STEM
- Rainer Flight School –Eagle Camp sponsored by Alaska Airlines
- Seattle Aquarium – Marine Science
- Mentoring Works – Provides mentors
- Play Well Technologies – Engineering 101
- STEM Tutoring – Tutors students in math
- Amazon - Coding through robotics
- International Community Health Services – Provides health and wellness classes
- Literacy in the Community – Solar energy
- Seattle Pacific University – Provides tutoring
- Verity Credit Union – Financial management
- Emerson Elementary – Summer staircase enrichment
- Woodland Park Zoo - Close Up with trained wildlife
- Vision of Togetherness Ministry – Pen Pals in Uganda (Africa)
- Pacific Science Center - Science on Wheels bus with interactive science workshops
Each student creates a service project to give back to their community. Previous service projects include handing out free bottles of water to construction workers, holding a garage sale or a car wash with all funds being donated to charity.
EYFO Student Programs
- Art Classes
- Pen Pal Plane
- Youth Groups
- Dance Classes
- Cooking Classes
- Financial Literacy
- Computer Classes
- Renewable Energy
- EYFO Entrepreneurs
- Job Readiness Classes
- College and Career Readiness
EYFO for Entrepreneur
Cop Every Opportunity
EYFO Golf Academy
Seattle Aquarium - Marine Science Program
EYFO Student Community Work
- Service trip to Belize
- Sending care packages to Puerto Rico
- Hosting free clothing drives for the community
- Serving meals to the homeless at local shelters
- Food distribution at Los Angeles Dream Center
- Food distribution at San Francisco-Marin Food Bank
- Paid the tuition for several students at Vision of Togetherness Ministry's in Uganda Africa
LA Dream Center
LA Dream Center
LA Dream Center
We Get To Serve
Care Package for Puerto Rico