Our mission is to make a lifelong impact in the lives of youth by offering multifaceted programs that raise up resilient leaders and empowers them to achieve their dreams.
Founded in 2002, Empowering Youth and Families Outreach (EYFO) is a 501c3 organization that was birthed as a response to the increased obstacles faced by one of the most vulnerable populations in society: children, particularly youth of color. These young people face tough relational, educational and structural challenges. The consequences of which can shift the trajectory of their lives before they've even really begun.
We pursue this mission by shifting the trajectory of their lives by doing the following:
· Making a difference in their lives.
· Providing a foundation of access, assistance and affirmation.
· Giving tools needed to become healthy adults.
· Creating an engaging and supportive environment.
· Fostering each youth’s ability to succeed academically and in life.
· Intentional mentorship with positive feedback.
· Providing opportunities to develop their gifts and experience success.
Our programs provide:
· Year-round out of school time activities.
· Before and after-school programming
· Summer literacy programs
· Local and out-of-state academic and service trips.
Each of these programs takes an integrative approach, embedded with wilderness exploration, academic support, cooking lessons, art activities, dance, community outreach, sports and other enrichment programming. Designed with care, our programs provide a safe haven for youth to flourish and grow as friends, leaders and change makers.
Executive Director and Founder
Charlett Shoecraft is the Executive Director and Founder of EYFO. Having raised 7 children and with over 20 years of youth programming experience under her belt, she has led EYFO in its service of over 4,000 youth. In her free time, she enjoys crafting, playing with her dog Bella, and traveling.